- Over 250 companies utilize Port Fourchon as a base of operation.
- In addition to its huge domestic hydrocarbon significance, Port Fourchon is land base for LOOP (Louisiana Offshore Oil Port), which handles 10-15% of the nation’s domestic oil, 10-15% of the nation’s foreign oil, and is connected to 50% of US refining capacity. LOOP is the only US deepwater port capable of offloading VLCCs (Very Large Crude Carriers) and ULCCs (Ultra Large Crude Carriers).
- Port Fourchon currently services over 95% of the Gulf of Mexico’s deepwater energy production.
- Overall, Port Fourchon plays a strategic role in furnishing this country with about 16% of its entire oil supply.
- Over 400 large supply vessels traverse the port’s channels each day.
- Approximately 15,000 people per month are flown to offshore locations supported by Port Fourchon.
- Truck traffic studies have shown that up to 1,200 trucks per day travel in and out of Port Fourchon.
- Five of the top ten Lafourche Parish employers operate from and/or utilize Port Fourchon.
- Nine of the top ten Lafourche Parish taxpayers operate from and/or utilize Port Fourchon.