October 1 @ 5:45 p.m. – Ida Recovery Phase, Update 23
GLPC STORM RECOVERY PHASE
October 1, 2021
Port Fourchon’s Recovery Phase continues post-Ida as we make continual progress.
- BAYOU LAFOURCHE: The Bayou Lafourche channel south of the Intracoastal Canal is now open to vessel traffic. Mariners are advised to use caution between there and Leeville due to multiple dive teams working in various sections of the waterway. See US Coast Guard MSIB 037-21 for navigation information regarding safe passage near divers.
ACCESS TO PORT FOURCHON: OPEN
- ROADWAYS: Roadways are clear to and within Port Fourchon.
- PORT WATERWAYS: Both Belle Pass and Port Fourchon waterways are open for 24/7 operations.
- TENANT FACILITIES: Port tenants have been given full access to return to their facilities. Tenants’ employees should contact their employers for specific information on returning to work in Port Fourchon.
STORM RECOVERY INFORMATION:
- DEBRIS: Port businesses are asked to continue stacking storm debris within the footprints of their facilities so as not to impede access by utility workers getting services restored in port. While there is no debris staging area in port, the port commission is making arrangements for a ONE TIME PASS for large-scale debris pickup once utility work is done and public rights-of-way are cleared for use. Stay tuned for an update sharing details. We will give port tenants time to collect their debris and move it to the roadside ahead of the debris pickup date. The remainder of your facility’s debris is thereafter your responsibility. Please do NOT place debris along the side of the roadway until you are cleared to do so.
- POWER AT PORT: Entergy is working to restore power to Port Fourchon facilities and get tenant companies back online safely.
- WATER: The Lafourche Parish Water District has restored water supply to Port Fourchon. A boil water advisory remains in place for all areas south of the Golden Meadow floodgates.
- COMMUNICATIONS: Most cell service has been restored.
- EMERGENCY SERVICES: Operational in Port Fourchon.
- COMMERCIAL FUEL: Available at multiple operational tenant sites in Fourchon, including Stone Fuel, C-Port Stone, Martin 16, and Harvey Fuel.
- FOOD, GAS, & SUPPLIES: There are no convenience stores, gas stations, or restaurants open at this time.
- GREATER LAFOURCHE PORT COMMISSION ADMINISTRATION OFFICE: We’ve moved! Temporarily. Due to storm damage to our GLPC Admin office building at 16829 East Main Street, we have relocated to the newly acquired building directly behind GLPC Admin. Our temporary physical address is 131 East 91st Street, Cut Off, LA 70345. Our phone numbers remain the same.
Thank you for your support in getting us all back to business safely in Port Fourchon.