August 20 @ 2:30 p.m. – Potential Development in Gulf of Mexico
WEATHER NOTICE – POTENTIAL DEVELOPMENT IN GULF OF MEXICO
Thursday, August 20, 2020
The Greater Lafourche Port Commission is monitoring weather reports, as tropical disturbances have the potential to develop further in the Gulf of Mexico within the next week. Port Fourchon businesses and coastal residents should be alert, but not alarmed, and monitor communications for updates and warnings.
POSSIBLE IMPACTS IN THE PORT FOURCHON AREA
- Due to the large uncertainty of the path, strength, and movement of the incoming systems, it is too soon to say what specific impacts they may have on the local area.
- RAINFALL: Potential for heavy rainfall through the weekend into next week.
- TIDES: Higher than normal tides possible through the weekend into next week.
- WINDS: Potential for moderate to strong winds.
- ROADWAYS: No closures anticipated at this time.
NOTIFICATIONS AND WEATHER INFORMATION:
If you have signed up to any of our public information or emergency notification lists, e-mails, and/or social media, messages will be sent out regularly during a weather event with up-to-date information. If you would like to sign up for any notifications from the Port Commission, visit our NOTIFY ME page.
Visit the Port Commission’s WEATHER & STORM INFO webpage for links to current storm information, helpful storm prep information and resources, and contact updating forms.
We will continue to monitor potential disturbances and keep you updated with any developing weather-related issues affecting port and airport.